One of my favourite fall treats would have to be these Pumpkin-Madeleines. They are incredibly light and moist and even better: this recipe is foolproof and even quicker to whip up! So you will be enjoying your cozy fall day with a wonderful treat in next to no time!
I like using French madeleine moulds, but you could just as well use a muffin tin and bake your little treats for about 20 minutes and they will be just as delicious.
For about 30 madeleines you will need:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter plus 1 tbsp
- a pinch of salt
- 1 heaped tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- optional: 3 tbsp caster sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 160°C / 320F.
2. In a big bowl, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, both kinds of sugar, half a cup of melted butter, salt and spices, using a wooden spoon.
3. Mix flour and baking powder and sift onto pumpkin mix. Using your wooden spoon, incorporate the flour mixture and give it a thorough mix until you have a lump-free, gooey batter.
4. Use the remainder of the melted butter to grease the madeleine moulds. Fill each mould with one tablespoon of batter (make sure the moulds are only filled three quarters as the batter will rise considerably).
5. Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes until the cake springs back when pressed with your thumb.
6. While the madeleines are still warm, dunk them into cinnamon sugar to give them a nice sweet coating.